[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0509SpecExtensibility" by ChristianLieske

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 05:33:40 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianLieske:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecExtensibility

   * attribute value

  Adding elements and attributes could use the XML namespace mechanisms.
- Adding attribute values could be based on a naming conventions (by a "x-" prefix (e.g. <span context-type='x-for-engineers'>)).
+ Adding attribute values could be based on a naming conventions (by a "x-" prefix (e.g. <span context-type='x-for-engineers'>)). See the extensibility provisions in XLIFF [http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/documents/cs-xliff-core-1.1-20031031.htm#Struct_Extension].

- See the extensibility provisions in XLIFF [http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/documents/cs-xliff-core-1.1-20031031.htm#Struct_Extension].
+ Thus, it seems that decisions about the following are needed:

+  * Do we allow for extensibility at all?
+  * Do we allow only for the extensibility of certain XML entities (e.g. 'only attribute values for ITS data
+    category Y')?
+  * Which extensibility mechanisms do we recommend/allow?
+