Ref: Generalized Scheme (3-tier schemas)

From: gk saha <goutam.k.saha@cdackolkata.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:51:26 +0530
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>, <member-i18n-core@w3.org>, <member-i18n-its@w3.org>
Hi Colleagues,
Please comments on our proposed 3-tier schemas.
In Bangla language, there are many common words that have many meanings at various contexts (though POS category may remain same). Only based on context, one can understand what will be the appropriate meaning of a Bangla word. For Bangla type languages, word sense disambiguity is possible only through the proposed 3-tier schemas. The present data categories of ITS will not be helpful for the I18N & L10N processes for Bengali type languages. For examples, a) "Ball ti Dharo (or catch the ball)" (b) and "Dahro X = 10  (or assume x=10)"
(c) "Gaan ti Dharo (or start singing) (d) Bristi Dhar lo (or
rain has stopped) (e) "Bishay ti Toole Dharo (or raise the
issue)"  and so on.
Thanks.
Regards,
Goutam Kumar Saha