W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2005

Minutes of ITS teleconf 2005-07-21

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:23:11 +0900
To: "public-i18n-its@w3.org" <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.st7w0xc4x1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>

Hi all,

The minutes of the ITS teleconf are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html

A text version follows.

Cheers,


Felix


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                             i18n its working group

20 Jul 2005

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Felix, Yves, Christian, AZ, Ishida, tfoster

    Regrets: Masaki, Karunesh and Diane
    Chair
           Yves

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Action Items
          2. [5]Requirements in inital draft form
          3. [6]Other new business?
          4. [7]f2f meeting
          5. [8]next teleconf
      * [9]Summary of Action Items

Action Items

    <scribe> ACTION: Richard to contact person from w3c about feedback
    from non-wg members (Pending) [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact person from atom (Pending) [recorded
    in [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <scribe> ACTION: Christian to find a link for the broken link in the
    req on entities (DONE) did it for the req document, have to check it
    for the other one [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves and Felix to do some work on the WD (DONE)
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <YvesS> [14]http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/

    Yves: latest version is from this morning
    ... has some marker what has been added and deleted
    ... so far there are no comments on corrections etc.
    ... but I found some spelling errors
    ... any comments on the current document?
    ... what do we need do do now?

    RI: is everybody to go on with this wd as a first wd?

    Yves: asks the question

    Tim: yes, just a few spelling errors

    az: have not read through it
    ... should we have another week to review it?

    Yves: what do other people think?

    Tim: Also did not have the chance to read it.

    Yves: so we have to wait for a week.

    RI: you could start publication though

    Yves: we have to wait until the next conference call

    RI: we will publish a week after the call then we vote

    az: asks how to use the link checker

    Yves: topic is closed, please make commments as soon as possible

    <scribe> ACTION: all to make comments as soon as possible to the req
    document, to have it ready for publication [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    <YvesS> [16]http://www.w3.org/International/its/

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/its/

Requirements in inital draft form

    <YvesS> [17]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqPurposeSpecMap

      [17] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqPurposeSpecMap

    <r12a> hi andrej

    Yves: could we move ReqPurposeSpecMap to WD?
    ... no comments, so let's move it to WD

    Tim: good.

    <az> hi richard

    <YvesS> [18]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqKeyDefinitions

      [18] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqKeyDefinitions

    Yves: part of the introduction
    ... had no change for a long time
    ... any comment now?

    RI: we tried to define i18n and l10n in the GEO group
    ... we worked hard in the definitions
    ... i do not say "do not do it"
    ... but people might come back to you and not be satisified with the
    definition
    ... will look for something in geo which is good for this

    <scribe> ACTION: RI to get the definition of i18n and l10n from the
    GEO group [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    <YvesS> [20]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqSpan

      [20] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqSpan

    Yves: most of the changes have been discussed last time
    ... this one as wd as well

    <r12a> GEO Getting Started material is about to be rewritten, but here
    is the current wording - see the section 'Key concepts'
    [21]http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoGettingStartedwithI18n

      [21] http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoGettingStartedwithI18n

    Yves: Tim, did you look at the copy
    ... not all changes are reflected on the Wiki pages

    Tim: makes a proposal how to solve the problem

    Yves: proposal might not work, because the XHTML in the page are
    different

    RI: would be great to cut and paste markup from the XHTML into the
    Wiki

    Yves: a pain are the links in the XHTML

    RI: with Amaya, the links would work
    ... you can edit it online
    ... wiki has its own format

    Yves: good point.
    ... so push this req to wd

    <YvesS> [22]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505ReqUniqueID

      [22] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505ReqUniqueID

    unique identifier

    Yves: a long list of comments from many people
    ... xml:id is now a recommendation, I made the change

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to add an example how to fulfil the uniqueness
    req with xslt and xquery [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

    <YvesS> [24]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505Translatability

      [24] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505Translatability

    Yves: we have not discussed this req very much
    ... AZ had some comments, I will try to address them
    ... any further comments?

    CL: AZ had some comments
    ... but I don't see them in the Wiki

    Yves: AZ HAD the comments, I tried to address them

    <YvesS>
    [25]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505Translatability?action=diff&rev2=17
    &rev1=16

      [25]  
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505Translatability?action=diff&rev2=17&rev1=16

    Yves: here is the link to the revision
    ... some of the changes were also in the DITA example
    ... Tim made a suggestion, and I tried to address them as well

    Tim: tried to scan other the req
    ... that particular one looks o.k. to me

    Yves: in this one we are talking about localization properties
    ... maybe that one needs a definition

    Tim: we have a req document for things the ITS wg will cover
    ... loc directives is not part of ITS, but of the ITS implementation
    ... is loc properties mentioned elsewhere in the doc?
    ... is this something that should be a proposed solution?

    Yves: term is used in the last paragraph of the req

    AZ: already addressed this in Berlin
    ... this req comes up again and again
    ... there is a great need for this

    Tim: it is very important
    ... but maybe more in the implementation space
    ... ITS is not concerned with the implementation

    AZ: I would challenge that
    ... we need a standard approach of how to do that
    ... there is a need for such a standard

    Yves: maybe we reword this to make it more generel?

    AZ: good suggestion

    Yves: Tim, could you come up with a proposed wording?

    Tim: ... sure

    <scribe> ACTION: Tim to change the wording in the Translatability req
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

    <YvesS> [27]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505LimitImpact

      [27] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505LimitImpact

    Yves: this req was originated from a comment from Norm, brought back
    from Tim
    ... most of the changes are due to Felix comments

    CL: question on the summary
    ... what is the difference between tree structure and the content
    model

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to give examples on schemas with / without ns
    in the req on limited impact [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

    Yves: any comment, CL?

Other new business?

    Yves: no new business

f2f meeting

    <chriLi> I threw out of IRC. Please unmute.

    Yves: new information who will come?

    <r12a> you are unmuted christian

    Yves: other comments on the f2f?

next teleconf

    Yves: please, please, please read the req document!
    ... post comments, corrections, etc.
    ... can I change the document?

    RI: You have change marks at the moment.
    ... people might just see the change marks

    Yves: So I should not put the marks?

    RI: Either we read all marks
    ... or the remove the marks and mark up the new stuff

    Yves: I wanted to make a change mark cycle between every meeting

    RI: good idea

    Yves: I will clean up the changes today, publish without mark

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to clean up the changes today, publish without
    mark [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

    <az> bye

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: all to make comments as soon as possible to the req
    document, to have it ready for publication [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Christian to find a link for the broken link in the req
    on entities (DONE) did it for the req document, have to check it for
    the other one [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to add an example how to fulfil the uniqueness req
    with xslt and xquery [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to give examples on schemas with / without ns in
    the req on limited impact [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: RI to get the definition of i18n and l10n from the GEO
    group [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Tim to change the wording in the Translatability req
    [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to clean up the changes today, publish without mark
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

    [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to contact person from atom [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Richard to contact person from w3c about feedback
    from non-wg members [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [DONE] ACTION: Yves and Felix to do some work on the WD [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/20-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    [End of minutes]

      _________________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version 1.126
     ([41]CVS log)
     $Date: 2005/07/20 15:21:05 $

      [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 20 July 2005 15:23:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:45 GMT