W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2005

Minutes of ITS teleconf 13 July 2005

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:30:25 +0900
To: "public-i18n-its@w3.org" <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.stuyozh5x1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>
Hi all,

Here are the minutes of the last teleconf. Christian, we have also an  
action item for you, although you did not attend ;)

Cheers,

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                            I18n ITS Working Group

13 Jul 2005

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Yves, Richard, Karunesh, Tim, Diane, Felix

   Regrets
          Masaki, Andrzej, Christian

   Chair
          YveS

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]welcome to Karunesh!
         2. [5]action items
         3. [6]hello to Karunesh! (part 2)
         4. [7]http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/
         5. [8]requirements
         6. [9]other business - f2f
         7. [10]next telecon
     * [11]Summary of Action Items

     _________________________________________________________________



welcome to Karunesh!

   Karunesh introduces himself

   <YvesS> please call again karunesh.

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: richard to contact person from w3c about feedback
   from non-wg members (PENDING) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to contact person from atom (PENDING) [recorded
   in [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

hello to Karunesh! (part 2)

   (Karunseh introduces himself)

   <r12a> already done felix

   <scribe> ACTION: tim to work on span like req (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

   <YvesS> [15]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqSpan

     [15] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqSpan

   tim: quite a lot of relations to other requirements
   ... if you have time, look if that is appropriate
   ... idea of having a button what has some translatability
   characteristics
   ... just a possible example

   <r12a> felix, W3C IRC Web Client :
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

   <r12a> IRC channel : #i18n on irc.w3.org:6665

   Yves: any other comments?

   tim: fixed the notation problem and responded to felix' commments

   Yves: we can include that into wd soon

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves and felix to work on the wd [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

[18]http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/

     [18] http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/

   yves: we not to talk about some things in the wd
   ... in the abstract: should we talk about i18n?

   ri: agrees.

   yves: how about "that meets the needs of the localization community
   and internationalization"?

   tim: it's not just for localizers, also content authors etc.

   <r12a> t is important to include constructs that meet the needs of
   content authors dealing with international audiences and
   localization...

   ri: just pasted a phrase

   yves: all are happy with RI's suggestion
   ... another question: namespace of its
   ... do we need to define now a namespace uri?
   ... ri, do you think a uri is relevant now?

   ri: now
   ... if we refer to it in the document, we have to be careful
   ... we need to talk about this in a longer period of time

   yves: we discussed that as we talked about prefixes
   ... in the example it would be consistent to show nothing (?)
   ... have a paragraph at the beginning of the wd which says that the
   namespace uri and prefix is not stable?
   ... will create such a paragraph
   ... another concern from felix: how about versions?
   ... now it is its req 1.0
   ... what will happen if the wd becomes a note?

   ri: versioning might be complicated
   ... mih
   ... might be better not to say "1.0" at all

   yves: will remove version number
   ... another question from felix:
   ... handling of entities reqs

   [19]http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/#entities

     [19] http://www.w3.org/International/its/requirements/#entities

   scribe: link was broken

   <YvesS> XML applications (i.e. a combination of DTD/XSD, style-sheets,
   XML

   <YvesS> instances) often make use of so-called general entities, see
   XML Physical Structure ([XML], section 4). Various usages of general
   entities exist [I don't know an appropriate link, but maybe we don't
   need a link here, because this is an informative statement.]

   scribe: I just pasted the paragraph felix proposed as a new version
   without a link
   ... have not found the article cl used

   ri: to be able to publish, we have to point to links that work
   ... with links which not work, you cannot publish

   <scribe> ACTION: cl to find the article [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

   <tfoster> Just found the link (sort of)
   [21]http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://tech.irt.org/articles/js212/#i
   ntro

     [21] http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://tech.irt.org/articles/js212/#intro

   yves: need to delete the link until cl finds it again
   ... found another issue, in the entity section
   ... example of entities that has been changed
   ... just looking for the number of the example
   ... try to fix the passage

   example with a product name?

   yves: try to comment with something different

   <tfoster> example number 3 in section 3.5.1 I think

   yves: any other concern about the document?

   felix: no

   yves: should we try to have a vote next week?

   ri: yes. we should have a link from the hp.

   yves: do we need a member directory?

   ri: no, you just need the attribute role="editor-copy"

   the stylesheet does that for you

   <r12a> editors-copy

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to do further corrections on the document
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

   ri: there should not be a date on the document
   ... we should change that right away

   yves: we will change that right away

   <r12a> for the date, just put dd mmm 2005

requirements

   <YvesS> [23]http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqPurposeSpecMap

     [23] http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqPurposeSpecMap

   yves: this is quite close to wd
   ... last modification cl made was about comments from felix
   ... asked cl to have a summary at the top

   tim: a question
   ... will the list of items that can be mapped be extensible?
   ... the purpose of this req is to allow to translate xml schemas
   ... e.g. code is the same as programlisting (cf. xhtml versus docbook)

   yves: we would have some kind of its correspondends
   ... other people could specify other items to be mapped

   tim: o.k., then I agree with the current text

other business - f2f

   <scribe> ACTION: all to sent ideas for the agenda within two weeks
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

   [25]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200509-Sophia.html

     [25] http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200509-Sophia.html

   other business?

next telecon

   next week, same time

   Karunesh: this time is ok

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: all to sent ideas for the agenda within two weeks
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: cl to find the article [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to do further corrections on the document
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves and felix to work on the wd [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

   [PENDING] ACTION: felix to contact person from atom [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: richard to contact person from w3c about feedback
   from non-wg members [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

   [DONE] ACTION: tim to work on span like req [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]

     _________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version 1.126
    ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2005/07/13 15:26:37 $

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 13 July 2005 15:30:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:45 GMT