[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0504ReqLinkedText" by MasakiItagaki

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:18:52 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MasakiItagaki:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqLinkedText

   In another section:
   ...See also Work with Voucher for more information about this process.

+
-  Translation for “Work with Voucher” could have many variations depending on context, translation styles and target audience. If a chapter title, in the example above, is referenced in exactly the same format, the text should be represented as some sort of linkage in order to carry over the original text. This way, translators could avoid translating the same text repeatedly, which is very beneficial from the point of translation consistency as well as productivity.
+  Translation for “Work with Voucher” could have many variations depending on context, translation styles and target audience. If a chapter title, in the example above, is referenced in exactly the same format, the text should be represented as some sort of linkage in order to '''reuse the original translated text'''. This way, translators could avoid translating the same text repeatedly, which is very beneficial from the point of translation consistency as well as productivity.

  '''[CL] I am not sure about the "carrying over". In XML vocabularies I am familiar with, link often allows you to have a link text in the link source/origin that is different from the text of the link target. Example: <a>point to</a>, where the a element allows you to use arbitrary text. You are not restricted to the text in the link target. I guess there's a reason behind the provision for this mechanism.'''