[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0505ReqUniqueID" by RichardIshida

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:26:21 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RichardIshida:

  The xml:id attribute defined here [http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-id/] may be a mean to carry the unique identifier. Note however, that xml:id is unique within a document, not necessarily within a set of docments.
+ [[RI I think it's worth recommending xml:id rather than id, but note that it is not yet a finalised spec.]]
+ [[RI Note that cross document uniqueness is not difficult to achieve if we use URIs, where the in-document id is a fragment identifier.  When we originally wrote this requirement we hadn't thought much about URIs as a permanent unique reference for any document.]]