[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0503ReqLangLocale" by ChristianLieske

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:08:44 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianLieske:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqLangLocale

  Any document at its beginning should declare a language/locale that is applied to both main content and external content stored separately. While the language/locale may be declared for the whole document as a primary language/locale, when an element or a text span is in a different language/locale from the primary declaration, it should be labeled appropriately. The language/locale declaration should use industry standard approaches.

+ '''[CL] I wonder if we should not simply point to [http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-lang-tag] and the corresponding errata such as [http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata]. From my understanding, we should not reinvent the wheel, and I am under the impression that XML Core WG has created sth. normative.'''

  == Background ==