Re: Internationalization and beyond related metadata for JSON - ITS perspective?

Hi Jirka,

> Am 15.10.2015 um 21:06 schrieb Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>:
>
> On 15.10.2015 19:33, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>> I am interested in hearing what solutions people have in mind for the issue, and if there is interest in specifying a common one.
>
> Hi,
>
> JSON is very poor for this, so my preferred solution is to use XML for
> this :-)

I agree :) but my question is about JSON in general.

> In wild many people just store fragments of XML or HTML inside JSON
> string and parse them in application to access rich structure, together
> with metadata.

that actually may not be a bad thing, since it gives you all metadata (language, directionality, translate attribute etc.) in the usual way.

> For language information, it would be possible to reuse JSON-LD:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#string-internationalization <http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#string-internationalization>

Agree.

> But not sure if you are looking for really generic JSON solution

Yes.

> -- then
> JSON-LD might be out-of-scope.

Maybe. But since there is no general solution yet everything is useful to look at, so thanks a lot for the ideas & pointer.

Best,

Felix