Internationalization and beyond related metadata for JSON - ITS perspective?

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:33:25 +0200
To: public-i18n-its-ig <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

in the i18n working group we recently had discussion about how to add language information or directionality information to a json string. I mentioned that a while ago in the ITS IG esp. Yves had experimented with adding metadata like a translate flag to json strings. Addison and Richard from the i18n WG have prepared some background reading on the json metadata topic and on plain text metadata in general, see here

https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/ContentMetadataJavaScriptDiscussion
http://r12a.github.io/docs/bidi-plain-text/index.html

I am interested in hearing what solutions people have in mind for the issue, and if there is interest in specifying a common one.

Best,

Felix