W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org > March 2015

[Minutes] ITS IG call 2015-03-02

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 17:45:44 +0100
Message-Id: <45F56B75-5A8E-44BB-B82C-C5E3050DEC3A@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its-ig <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>
See
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/02-i18nits-minutes.html <http://www.w3.org/2015/03/02-i18nits-minutes.html>
and below as text. 

- Felix
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 ITS IG

02 Mar 2015

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2015Mar/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/03/02-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          fsasaki, YvesS, david

   Regrets
          christian, Phil, Jörg, Olaf-Michael

   Chair
          felix

   Scribe
          fsasaki

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]roll call
         2. [6]action items
         3. [7]XLIFF - ITS mapping
         4. [8]freme project
         5. [9]Other topics as usual
         6. [10]CAL track of FEISGILTT
         7. [11]jack rabbit implementation
         8. [12]next call
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

roll call

   checking attendees ...

   <scribe> scribe: fsasaki

action items

   [14]https://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/open

     [14] https://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/open

XLIFF - ITS mapping

   david: I have put most of mappings, the simple ones
   ... the most difficult ones are the ones there we have a
   mixture of ITS and XLIFF
   ... e.g. provenance
   ... I am now just working on provenance
   ... then mt confidence
   ... that is intertwined with translation candidates
   ... provenance is an issue since it is complicated with change
   tracking module
   ... then storage size, is profiled for size and restriction
   module
   ... frederik promised a profile, need to push him to do that

   felix: had a validation discusssion at xml prague
   ... david: not connected to ITS progress
   ... need to have yves, jirka, tom to have a look at schematron
   ... anything to discuss here with yves, on the xliff mapping?

   david: on xliff TC there was a consensus not to have an inline
   attribute corresponding white space handling
   ... I think it is a good solution. But s.t. to be aware off
   ... inline handling of white space should be done using
   normalization + preserve space at structure level
   ... is the best for interop in xml tool stack
   ... xml:preserve space is not designed with non wellformed
   spans elements
   ... for mt confidence and provenance, functionality is related
   to XLIFF modules
   ... we decided not to have new versions of modules unless
   correcting errors
   ... consensus within TC is to have profiles in ITS module
   ... mt confidence not difficult, will take time to elaborate.
   provenance is more difficult
   ... original change tracking module does not allow to change
   track inline elements
   ... main issue is not enough man power in the mapping

   yves: agree with all what david said
   ... lack of man power is an issue

   david: some solutions like local filter just need to be
   transferred to 2.1 spec, same for external resource + elements
   within text
   ... there may be an option not to go for everything, but I
   would not like the inconsistence if only a part of ITS is in
   xlff 2.1. we shoudl target complete coverage

freme project

   [15]http://freme-project.eu/

     [15] http://freme-project.eu/

   david: a good idea to concentrate on 2.1 in freme too

   felix: terminology, text analysis are good candidates

   david: both feature complete in 2.1 spec, but has not been
   reviewed so far, if you want to concentreate on these would
   help freme too

   felix: project is about implementation development
   ... vistaTEC is mainly implementing XLIFF

   david: would suggest that you ask to prioritze the categories
   that you need for freme
   ... ask XLIFF TC

   <dF> I have two AOB items

   <dF> 1) CAL track of FEISGILTT

Other topics as usual

   [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/mlw-metadata-us-impl/

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/mlw-metadata-us-impl/

   <dF> 2) where to access Adobe jackrabbit implementation of ITS
   2.0

CAL track of FEISGILTT

   not many numbers of submission for content analytics

jack rabbit implementation

   <dF>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Implementatio
   ns#Apache_Jackrabbit_.28Adobe.29

     [17] https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Implementations#Apache_Jackrabbit_.28Adobe.29

   [18]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Del
   iverables#Deliverables_from_external_partners

     [18] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Deliverables#Deliverables_from_external_partners

   [19]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/ima
   ges/5/5c/D1-subcontract-adobe.pdf

     [19] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/images/5/5c/D1-subcontract-adobe.pdf

next call

   23 march

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015-03-02 16:42:12 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30
Check for newer version at [22]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/inline/non wellformed spans/
Succeeded: s/modules/module/
Found Scribe: fsasaki
Inferring ScribeNick: fsasaki
Present: fsasaki YvesS david
Regrets: christian Phil Jörg Olaf-Michael
Agenda: [23]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2015
Mar/0000.html
Got date from IRC log name: 02 Mar 2015
Guessing minutes URL: [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/03/02-i18nits-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

     [23] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2015Mar/0000.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2015/03/02-i18nits-minutes.html


   [End of [25]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Monday, 2 March 2015 16:45:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 2 March 2015 16:45:54 UTC