Re: [xliff] RE: ITS Module URI

Re:

> But I think the URN is the official OASIS way:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3121

Caveat: I didn't review the context (your application space), but in
general, and in the abstract:

URNs are not the "official" way to construct identifier components.   It's
true that some OASIS TCs (especially, those TCs started in years before
2005) use URNs, for various purposes, but OASIS Staff does not currently
recommend that practice.  Both methods work, for some purposes.  But not
for others.

Please see the guidance provided in the OASIS Naming Directives, where the
use of HTTP scheme URI references are discussed, for XML namespace names
and for any (related) kinds of identifiers

8. XML Namespace Identifiers and Namespace Documents
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#xml-namespaces

"Non-information resources using identifiers associated with XML namespaces
may be based upon any HTTP scheme URI XML namespace declared by the TC (
*i.e.*, identifiers for named properties, functions, dialects, faults,
actions, or any named message types)"

-rcc