RE: [xliff] a quick question regarding the Localization Note mapping in XLIFF 2.1

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 05:15:13 -0700
To: "XLIFF Main List" <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>, <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>
Hi David, all,

> We do not need to introduce the itsm locNoteType if we
> mandate referencing to Note in order to discern between alerts and
> descriptions and/or set a default assumed LocNoteType when the Note
> is given as a value and not reference.

It's a good point that not having itsm:locNoteType on a comment annotation doesn't limit you because you can use a referenced <note>. So the mapping Localization Note would have three rules:

- one for <note>
- one for comment annotations with ref
- one for comment annotations with value

I'm curious to see, concretely, those rules work together.

Cheers,
-ys