W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org > July 2014

[Minutes] I18N ITS IG 2014-07-02

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:01:55 +0200
Message-Id: <55856F17-3A1B-4F89-9AA7-5D15B03FEF72@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
See
http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-i18nits-minutes.html
and below as text.

- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 ITS IG

02 Jul 2014

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jul/0001.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          felix, renat, Yves, DaveLewis, pedro, serge

   Regrets
          christian, phil

   Chair
          felix

   Scribe
          fsasaki

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]roll call
         2. [6]action items
         3. [7]Open Data Management position statement
         4. [8]ITS and XLIFF (placeholder)
         5. [9]MQM and ITS (placeholder)
         6. [10]Wiki clean up and reasonable planning of topics
            for the next months
         7. [11]aob?
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

roll call

   checking attendees ...

   issue-3: can be closed with
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Notes added to issue-3 Define how namespace prefix
   binding is passed to CSS selectors.

action items

   [14]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/open

     [14] http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/open

   action-33?

   <trackbot> action-33 -- David Lewis to Work on its ontology
   documentation in turtle -- due 2014-05-30 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/33

     [15] http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/33

   dave: mail is sent out
   ... that was the main new stuff to be done
   ... just need to sync with sebastian how to move forward
   ... would be good to get comments
   ... I suggested to use that in the webplatform.org page jirka
   started

   <daveL>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014
   Jun/0019.html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jun/0019.html

   dave: I'll contact sebastian on how to follow up

   close action-33

   <trackbot> Closed action-33.

Open Data Management position statement

   [17]https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Open_Data_Managem
   ent_for_Public_Automated_Translation_Services

     [17] https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Open_Data_Management_for_Public_Automated_Translation_Services

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014
   Jun/0017.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jun/0017.html

   discussion about the document

   serge: discussion last week at lt-innovate, my impression is
   that we have time to provide input to other efforts. the doc
   currently is pre-mature, we need to think more what to add /
   what to express

   dave: agree
   ... want to socialize the doc with gala, crisp initiative etc.

   serge: want to put more marketing weight in this

   dave: good to know that this is not so urgent
   ... people at lt-innovate also said it would be good to relate
   the doc to other efforts like RDF mapping of meta-share
   ... about data activity in w3c - I looked at linked data
   platform
   ... seems to be very relevant for the doc we are writing
   ... basic assumption: have a web server that serves RDF and
   other data types
   ... have not seen many implementations yet - they are working
   on this now?

   felix: yes

   <daveL>
   [19]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp-primer/ld
   p-primer.html

     [19] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp-primer/ldp-primer.html

   felix asking about scope of doc, given jörg's mail

   dave: we had similar discussion with other people - cef is a
   conrete use case with a clear audience
   ... it is good to keep it focused but synchronized with other
   efforts, e.g. what is going on with meta-share / tbx in the
   ld4lt group
   ... in terms of practical output:

   <daveL>
   [20]https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/wiki/Draft_Guidelines_o
   n_Bitext_as_Linked_Data

     [20] https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/wiki/Draft_Guidelines_on_Bitext_as_Linked_Data

   dave: bpmlod group (again driven by LIDER) looks into diferrent
   types of language resources
   ... there are guidelines about how to publish bitext
   ... e.g. it does not have to be RDF, can be TBX / CSV / XLIFF /
   ...
   ... so one way of approaching the guideline could be a profile
   of the "linked data platform" specification
   ... that is: what would be the bitext specification for a web
   service that serves bitext?
   ... the other part would be the conceptual part that is covered
   by ontolex group
   ... would be good to line that up and look at our audience

   Pedro: e-commerce as a usage scenario - what are the needs of
   open / linked data at the European level? that has a real
   application
   ... e-commerce can help to unify european market

   serge: e-commerce is only one aspect - flow of information is
   important too
   ... e-commerce can be flow of information - you cannot focus on
   trade as such, right?

   pedro: agree, don't want to be focused on e-commerce only, but
   e-commerce could be a good use case
   ... agree with serge that content is everything, also legal
   content
   ... I am saying e-commerce since linked data issue to make
   business with it - if you don't see the fruit today the next
   day it is getting bad
   ... in e-commerce this is very true - change of data is very
   high. I mention this as an application only, not as main
   subsect of the document

   serge: ok

   dave: CEF aspect is: automated translation should help other
   infrastructures in Europe
   ... they have a specific list of other CEF services to support
   with automated translation, not as a general service in Europe
   ... of course there is a gap between CMS and localization
   ... filling that gap with e-commerce may make sense

   <daveL>
   [21]https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/sites/digital-agenda/fi
   les/WP2014%20-%20official%20published.pdf

     [21] https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/sites/digital-agenda/files/WP2014%20-%20official%20published.pdf

   <daveL> [22]http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/

     [22] http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/

   felix: maybe provide use cases like e-commerce in the ld4lt
   group?

   dave: agree

   [23]https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Seed_Use_Cases

     [23] https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Seed_Use_Cases

ITS and XLIFF (placeholder)

   yves: depends on what we want to do
   ... if we want to be with release version of XLIFF
   ... have not been able to do things in mapping doc
   ... classify data cats that are in XLIFF already - started that
   today
   ... for the parts that need specific markup and make a module
   then for that
   ... will work on the wiki page and then tell people to look at
   that - after that we need implementers

   dave: we could work on CNGL on implementing the mappings
   ... that worked well in lt-web - parser for ITS2.0, david did
   some work with XLIFF 2.0
   ... supporting the mappings we'd do on the CNGL side
   ... makes it more digestable to the XLIFF people if we have the
   classification yves described

MQM and ITS (placeholder)

   dave: will bring it up at ld4lt call tomorrow

   felix: will see if arle can participate in that

Wiki clean up and reasonable planning of topics for the next months

   [24]https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Main_Page#Work_it
   ems.2C_issues.2C_actions

     [24] https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Main_Page#Work_items.2C_issues.2C_actions

aob?

   discussion about autumn events (locworld, tpac, unicode etc.)

   [25]https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/

     [25] https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/

   dave: would be good to meet with linked data best practice
   group
   ... need to look into overlap with locworld
   ... feisgiltt work on object models - not sure if there is a
   good place to talk about that?
   ... web IDL topic
   ... other people to talk to: open annotation people

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-07-02 12:59:28 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [28]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/time/time to provide input to other efforts/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Inferring Scribes: fsasaki
Present: felix renat Yves DaveLewis pedro serge
Regrets: christian phil
Agenda: [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014J
ul/0001.html
Got date from IRC log name: 02 Jul 2014
Guessing minutes URL: [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-i18nits-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jul/0001.html
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-i18nits-minutes.html


   [End of [31]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 2 July 2014 13:02:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:11:31 UTC