W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org > April 2014

[Minutes] ITS IG call 2014-04-30

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@dfki.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:27:38 +0200
Message-Id: <E1FCE0F0-687F-42FF-81B2-505AB6DD9ABF@dfki.de>
To: public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
Hi all,

minutes are at
http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes
and below as text. The page with example queries for linked data sources is here
https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Querying_multilingual_linked_data_sources
All who have previous experiences please feel free to add & change.

- Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 ITS IG

30 Apr 2014

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Apr/0008.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          felix, DaveLewis, Ankit, dF, yves, cl

   Regrets
   Chair
          felix

   Scribe
          fsasaki

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]roll call
         2. [6]namespace bindings and CSS selectors
         3. [7]feedback from LT-Web final review
         4. [8]update on XLIFF mapping
         5. [9]update on RDF mapping
         6. [10]work on ITS and RDF
         7. [11]abo
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

roll call

   <YvesS> Yves +present

   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014
   Apr/0008.html

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Apr/0008.html

namespace bindings and CSS selectors

   [14]https://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/issues/3

     [14] https://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/issues/3

   The set of namespace declarations are those in scope on the
   element that has the attribute in which the expression occurs.
   This includes the implicit declaration of the prefix xml
   required by the XML Namespaces Recommendation; the default
   namespace (as declared by xmlns) is not part of this set.

   [15]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/its20-errata.html

     [15] http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/its20-errata.html

   <dF> just joining the goto

   felix: propose to add this as a non-normative errate -
   comments?

   [16]https://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/issues/3

     [16] https://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/issues/3

   <YvesS> +1 for adding the item to the errata

   <dF> +1

   <daveL> +1

   <Ankit> +!

   <Ankit> +1

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to send a mail about errtaum and make
   the update within one week [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-43 - Send a mail about errtaum and
   make the update within one week [on Felix Sasaki - due
   2014-05-07].

feedback from LT-Web final review

   felix describing feedback from the EU

update on XLIFF mapping

   <YvesS> Several data categories to review: would be nice to get
   some feedback. Felix asked: schema for using ITS in XLIFF
   needed? -> yes, very much so.

   <YvesS> yes

   XLIFF 2.0 mapping needs feedback

   felix proposes to write ITS schema for using ITS in XLIFF

   david: wonders who should host the schema
   ... we need a specialized schema, no doubt
   ... need to see who is the host
   ... should be one of the topics of XLIFF TC meeting in May and
   in June during FEISGILTT session

   <YvesS> sure

   david: can be handled during ITS mapping session during
   FEISGILTT

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to follow up on ITS in XLIFF schema
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action02

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-44 - Follow up on its in xliff schema
   [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-05-07].

   <dF> XLIFF 2.1 seesion June 4 afternoon

   <dF> I am

   <scribe> ACTION: dF to review XLIFF 2.0 mappings [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action03

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-45 - Review xliff 2.0 mappings [on
   David Filip - due 2014-05-07].

   david: yesterday submitted XLIFF candidate ticket

update on RDF mapping

   [20]https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS-RDF_mapping

     [20] https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS-RDF_mapping

   <dF> COS - candidate OASIS standard

   dave: work in FALCON project
   ... will send URL to the list
   ... we put a deliverable togehter. Working primarily with xtm.
   Extended work we did with XLIFF > ITS mapping into RDF. With
   where we maintain ITS > NIF mapping and other ITS parameters
   ... what we have done: we are pulling togehter an (RDF?) schema
   that extends w3c provenacne model
   ... idea is: continue work we did with Ankit on re-training MT
   components
   ... uses a lot of ITS metadata, extending what we did in LT-Web
   ... now handling also @@@ packages that Interverbum uses
   ... e.g. how to handle terminology markup - xtm are doing this
   but so far they did not use its:terminology
   ... are looking into how to also bring that into interop now

   [missed dF comment]

   <YvesS> Will that RDF mapping available publicly (soon)?

   <dF> I said that both XLIFF 1.2 and 2.0 ITS mappings are usning
   mrk mark up

   dave: will put the RDF on github

   <YvesS> Great, thanks.

   dave: hopefully this week

   <dF> so the reconciliation should not be difficlut, just using
   its attributes for what does not exist in XLIFF core

   dave: there haven't been a lot of changes, there seem to be
   changes to NIF ontology

   [21]http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/specifications/v
   alidate.jar

     [21] http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/specifications/validate.jar

   [22]http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/

     [22] http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/

   dave: will not change a lot, just more usage examples
   ... plan to have a demo for FEISGILTT
   ... will do similar like LT-Web: put tooling up, reference
   architecture, then input files as example how to work with this

   chriLi: W3C provenance model is target towards content, not
   processing? so it does not allow you to track: this is
   component that has been used in this chain: ...

   dave: yes
   ... we in FALCON do a component factory, which can create
   components
   ... old ideas from Corba etc.

   discussion about components, versions, ...

   dave: have not considered this in detail, good points

   christian: suggestion: how to approach quest for standard
   direction. That also could be answered from industry, community
   services
   ... asking them: what are the hot service component
   architectures? what to apply for processing chains
   ... going out asking different communities might prevent us
   from building and ivory tower

   dave: really good point
   ... where would be a good forum for that?
   ... you won't get a lot of service people in feisgillt or MLW
   WS

   christian: talking to other EU funded projects?

   dave: I tracked some projects previously, will check again -
   OASIS may not use semantic service descriptions
   ... it is an interesting point, if you have input for that
   (also your colleagues) please let us know, very interesting
   also e.g. for LIDER
   ... important are the use cases, e.g. role of MT component in a
   work flow
   ... because we also look into re-training of MT, that needs to
   be managed as well
   ... I'll check with Klaus

   christian: we had tool information related discussion in ITS

   felix: have that with annotators-ref attribute: we did not
   specify our own thing but just the URI so that people can do
   what is right for them

   <YvesS> sure

work on ITS and RDF

   [23]http://tinyurl.com/kwhy4vp

     [23] http://tinyurl.com/kwhy4vp

   [24]http://dbpedia.org/resource/Eye

     [24] http://dbpedia.org/resource/Eye

   its-ta-ident-ref

   <YvesS> yes more or less

   <YvesS> The code is working as of few minutes ago thanks to
   your sparql help.

   felix explains workflow: getting cross lingual info from
   dbpedia

   ankit: we did something simliar during LT-Web
   ... we manually put dbpedia link into ITS wrapper
   ... the MT step can then use the info

   dave: the MT did the lookup of the target language term from
   dbpedia

   <YvesS> more like annotation

   dave: how would work in okapi: would that be done as part of
   the MT component?

   <YvesS> and glossary

   <YvesS> yes

   dave: or would that be a tbx entry?

   yves: yes

   <YvesS> it seems the wikidata Q labels provide better
   "translations" though. but sparql can be used to get the Q id.

   dave: makes sense, we had that in one of the scenarios

   [25]http://googleknowledge.github.io/qlabel/

     [25] http://googleknowledge.github.io/qlabel/

   <YvesS> that works too, but it requires one additional call per
   resource

   dave: you can also do the same with babelnet and rdf versions
   of wordnet
   ... bablenet will have translations but not so many named
   entities

   <YvesS> any links to babelnet? do thay have api?

   dave: it is the same principle, sparql queries would be a bit
   different

   yves, see here: [26]http://babelnet.org/

     [26] http://babelnet.org/

   <YvesS> thanks

   dave: they should have a sparql endpoint

   <YvesS> will try that

   dave: or you can download the RDF as well
   ... interesting also: babelnet also provides services that does
   annotation, like enrycher
   ... so you can do named entity annotation funtionality too

   <YvesS> good to know. for now I'm using dbpediaspotligh to get
   the entities

   felix: having ability to do sparql queries in a tool like okapi
   woudl be great to easiyl adapt this to other data sources

   dave: +1, and documenting the sparql queries would be great
   too, so that people see what queries work well

   agree

   <YvesS> agree

   dave: in FALCON we are convervative - offering a very simple
   REST interface so that people don't have to worry about sparql

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to set up a sparql query page for use
   with its-ta-ref [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action04

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-46 - Set up a sparql query page for
   use with its-ta-ref [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-05-07].

   felix: will advertise that to lider people to get their input
   on typical queries

   <YvesS> bye

abo

   adjourne

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: dF to review XLIFF 2.0 mappings [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to follow up on ITS in XLIFF schema
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to send a mail about errtaum and make the
   update within one week [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to set up a sparql query page for use with
   its-ta-ref [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action03
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action02
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action04

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [32]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([33]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-04-30 13:15:33 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [34]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/during/during FEISGILTT/
Succeeded: s/DF/dF/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Inferring Scribes: fsasaki
Present: felix DaveLewis Ankit dF yves cl
Agenda: [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014A
pr/0008.html
Got date from IRC log name: 30 Apr 2014
Guessing minutes URL: [36]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.h
tml
People with action items: df felix

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Apr/0008.html
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html


   [End of [37]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 13:28:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:11:30 UTC