Re: Exclusivity and atomicity of local and global ITS

Thanks. For #1, I meant that the provRule element has a
provenanceRecordsRefPointer
attribute (see 8.11.2) and the tool markup exists locally, so half local
half global. Similarly with LQI, locQualityIssueType would be global and
locQualityIssueComment local (or the other way around, it doesn't matter).
As for the local standoff winning over the global rule- what does that
mean? If local standoff has person and org, and global has tool, is the
tool ignored? I understand that if local had person and org and global also
had person and org that the local would win out. I guess you could also
ask, what is the granularity of winning out? Are all of the provenance
categories (org, person, tool, etc.) considered as one when deciding what
overwrites what, or are they resolved individually?
Nathan