Re: Markup for quality

On 10.6.2013 11:26, Arle Lommel wrote:

> We need a way to mark up overlapping spans. For example, if you have the following HTML5 segment:

Haha, overlapping markup. There are several common ways how to handle
overlapping markup. But if you want to stick to XML syntax and
datamodel, no solution will be completely perfect and elegant.

> The mapping from MQM to ITS 2.0 is clear here, but we need a way to mark up the overlapping spans. So far we have internally used something like this:

> We want a good path to interoperability with ITS. So we need a way to put the following information in the document on overlapping spans using local markup:
>
> its-loc-quality-issue-type="grammar" itsx-mqm-issue-type="agreement" its-loc-quality-comment="should be &quot;relays are&quot;" (etc…)
>
> Any suggestions for how to handle this use case? We want to make it as easy as possible to use MQM and ITS together, where MQM provides mechanisms for greater granularity while still retaining compatibility with ITS and ITS provides a way to share MQM data at a common granularity with other systems.

Your example above means that elements like <mqm-startIssue/> and
<mqm-endIssue/> have to be allowed anywhere in document which requires
change in schema. For this reason it's very common to use processing
instructions instead -- they are opaque to schema validation and no
schema change is necessary, for example:

<?mqm-startIssue type="agreement" id ="2" ?>is</em><?mqm-endIssue id="1"
?> involved<?mqm-endIssue id="2" ?> in the operation.</p>

     Jirka