Re: XPath context for idValue evaluation

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:59:06 +0200
To: Nathan Glenn <garfieldnate@gmail.com>
CC: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>, public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
On 12.7.2013 7:49, Nathan Glenn wrote:
> Yes, idValues aren't quite the same as "relative selectors" as defined in
> the spec, since they are not specified by an XPath RelativeLocationPath or
> an AbsoluteLocationPath. They must just share the XPath context spec.

Context for idValue is same as for relative selectors. However idValue
itself can by any XPath expression, it doesn't have to be just
(Relative|Absolute)LocationPath.

So probably we can say that idValue contains any XPath expression and
that context for evaluation is the same as for Relative Selectors
(section 5.3.2.2).

				Jirka