Re: XPath context for idValue evaluation

Am 12.07.13 02:07, schrieb Nathan Glenn:
> Is the XPath context for the evaluation of the idValue attribute of
> idValueRule the same as for relative selectors? I suspect that it is,
> but it is not in the spec. Since relative selectors have size and
> position set, this would provide a mechanism for creating unique IDs,
> as well as an easy unit test for correct implementation of selector
> XPath contexts, using something like this:
>
> <its:idValueRule selector="//par" idValue="concat('par_', position(),
> '_of_', last())"/>
>
> Nathan
Hi Nathan,

I don't recall why we have not clarified the evaluation context here -
all: should we?

The tests at

https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/tree/master/its2.0/inputdata/idvalue/xml/

use relative selectors. So you are safe to do the same and assume the
relative evalutation context.

Best,

Felix