Re: ITS/XLIFF1.2 Mapping Issue - Content pointed by its:termInfoRef

hi Yves,
comments inline:

On 08/07/2013 17:18, Yves Savourel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I had an action item to try to present some of the issues we are having in the ITS <-> XLIFF mapping
> http://www.w3.org/2013/07/03-i18nits-minutes.html#action02
>
> Here is a first one, I'll send other in separate email to have different threads.
>
> Terminology:
>
> The Terminology data category has a way to point to some information for a selected term.
> We can use itsxlf:termInfoRef to carry that pointer, but in some cases--for example when the information is in a resource not
> online--one need to get the actual information content and store it in some way that is accessible from the XLIFF document, and
> adjust the itsxlf:termInfoRef value as well.
>
> One of problems to resolve this is that there is no definition of what the information the its:termInfoRef value points to (it can
> be a term entry in a TBX file, a definition, some Wikipedia article, etc.), so no obvious way to map it in a common way.

This lack of definition reflects the the different option available out
there, and that obviously goes beyond what we can prescribe as it has to
live with other flavours of XLIFF and ways of using XLIFF.

Broadly I'm aware of three classes:
1) the terminology is available online by referencing the URL
2) the terminology is held within the XLIFF file - so a relative URL
would be appropriate
3) the terminology is held in another file held in the same package,
e.g. Interoperability Now TIPP or Linport container or proprietory.
Here, a URL assuming a common directory structure would be needed,
together with some convention on how the package is packed/unpacked (we
touched on this in the recent call in relation to LINPORT with Jorg)

are there others you can think of?

We could then advance this via the following steps:
a) lay out these three classes of options in the mapping document
b) consult with IN! and Linport about how to handle URLs in (3) - Jorg
could you help here?
c) if (a) and (b) can be nailed down, then provide some guideance on how
to map URL values in  its:termInfoRef when going from one class to another

thoughts?
dave