W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org > July 2011

RE: ITS Teleconference - Jul-26-2011

From: Lieske, Christian <christian.lieske@sap.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:56:42 +0200
To: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>, "public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org" <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>
Message-ID: <8EA44C66E2911C4AB21558F4720695DC5F6EB95607@DEWDFECCR01.wdf.sap.corp>
Hi,

I worked on my action items ...

ACTION ITEM: Christian to update the "locale specific content" text so that it reflects the difference to xml:lang

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures#Proposal:_localeSpecificContent


ACTION ITEM: Christian to turn the discussion surrounding the "transliteration / NLP content" into a proposal.

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures#Proposal:_data_category_for_automated_language_processing


Cheers,
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: public-i18n-its-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Montag, 25. Juli 2011 09:51
To: public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
Subject: ITS Teleconference - Jul-26-2011

ITS IG Teleconference on Tuesday Jul-26-2011 At 15:00 UTC
9am Denver, 11am Boston, 4pm London, 5pm Berlin
See your time-zone here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110628T17&p1=1264


-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bridge               : US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
                     : FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99, UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code      : 4186 (spells "I18N")
Duration             : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html

Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

IRC channel          : #i18nits on irc.w3.org:6665
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last meeting minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2011/05/24-i18nits-minutes.html

(June meeting skipped)

=== ITS-oriented reviews of XML specifications

Last Calls: http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call



--- MIME type:
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2010-April/002337.html

Still waiting for an answer.
Nothing news on this.


--- HTML5
Jirka has logged an issue with HTML5 for the lack of translatability flag:
See thread here: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12417


Jirka reported the proposal refused.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2011Jun/0003.html

Any new argument welcome.

--- XLIFF 2.0
Possible discussion on usage of ITS in XLIFF 2.0 for example for translate, simpleNote, term, etc.
(when is it appropriate, when is it possible, how to integrate it, etc.)
See some of the discussion here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201107/msg00014.html (and thread)


=== ITS Rules repository

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/RulesRepository

No new rules added.


=== ITS General issues

--- Context data category
Should go there:
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures#Proposed_Text

ACTION ITEM: Felix to talk to RDFa WG about "context data category" mechanism


--- Idea for a "localeSpecificContent" data category.
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures#Proposal:_localeSpecificContent

ACTION ITEM: Christian to update the "locale specific content" text so that it reflects the difference to xml:lang


--- Permission for inline codes
ACTION ITEM: Yves to draft an extension for setting permission (clone/delete/etc.) in ITS inline codes.
--> In progress.
See categories here: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Draft

No notation proposal yet.


--- Transliteration
Shaun McCance inquired about how to provide information for text to only transliterate
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2011May/0001.html

ACTION ITEM: Christian to turn the discussion surrounding the "transliteration / NLP content" into a proposal.

Note: possible notation for transliteration
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-falk-transliteration-tags-01#appendix-A

Side topic: possible concerns about the language tag becoming overly complex and covering different domain.


=== Any Other Business?

--- ITS-based filters used to convert data to Moses Inline Text format for MT processing.
ACTION ITEM: Yves to write blurb about it and send it to Richard.
--> Not done yet.


=== Next teleconference is Aug-23

Cheers,
-ys


Received on Tuesday, 26 July 2011 06:57:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 26 July 2011 06:57:23 GMT