W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org > July 2011

ITS Teleconference - Jul-26-2011

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:50:43 +0200
To: <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>
Message-ID: <assp.0187032c1a.assp.0187759c7a.001a01cc4a9f$8ef81420$ace83c60$@com>
ITS IG Teleconference on Tuesday Jul-26-2011 At 15:00 UTC
9am Denver, 11am Boston, 4pm London, 5pm Berlin
See your time-zone here:

Bridge               : US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
                     : FR: +, UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code      : 4186 (spells "I18N")
Duration             : 60 minutes
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
IRC channel          : #i18nits on irc.w3.org:6665

Last meeting minutes:
(June meeting skipped)

=== ITS-oriented reviews of XML specifications

Last Calls: http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

--- MIME type:
Still waiting for an answer.
Nothing news on this.

--- HTML5
Jirka has logged an issue with HTML5 for the lack of translatability flag:
See thread here: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12417

Jirka reported the proposal refused.
Any new argument welcome.

--- XLIFF 2.0
Possible discussion on usage of ITS in XLIFF 2.0 for example for translate, simpleNote, term, etc.
(when is it appropriate, when is it possible, how to integrate it, etc.)
See some of the discussion here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201107/msg00014.html (and thread)

=== ITS Rules repository

No new rules added.

=== ITS General issues

--- Context data category
Should go there:
ACTION ITEM: Felix to talk to RDFa WG about "context data category" mechanism

--- Idea for a "localeSpecificContent" data category.
ACTION ITEM: Christian to update the "locale specific content" text so that it reflects the difference to xml:lang

--- Permission for inline codes
ACTION ITEM: Yves to draft an extension for setting permission (clone/delete/etc.) in ITS inline codes.
--> In progress.
See categories here: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Draft
No notation proposal yet.

--- Transliteration
Shaun McCance inquired about how to provide information for text to only transliterate
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2011May/0001.html
ACTION ITEM: Christian to turn the discussion surrounding the "transliteration / NLP content" into a proposal.

Note: possible notation for transliteration
Side topic: possible concerns about the language tag becoming overly complex and covering different domain.

=== Any Other Business?

--- ITS-based filters used to convert data to Moses Inline Text format for MT processing.
ACTION ITEM: Yves to write blurb about it and send it to Richard.
--> Not done yet.

=== Next teleconference is Aug-23

Received on Monday, 25 July 2011 07:51:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:11:28 UTC