From: public-i18n-its-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Dienstag, 16. Februar 2010 13:57
To: public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
Subject: idValue

Hi all,

One of my action items for next week was to outline a modified proposal for idPointer (now
idValue). You can see the new text here:
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures#Proposal:_idValue

In short: The value of idValue would still be an XPath expression but allow more than
pointing to a node. It would allow to use any XPath string function and return a string
that is the value. This allows to build unique ID value where the XML document provides
only ID for a higher level of granularity.

Cheers,
-yves