RE: Translation control in HTML5

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:50:53 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>, <public-html@w3.org>
>> So, I assume that in addition to the generic rel attribute we
>> should have another attribute that specify the type of i18n
>> rules? Like for linking to s "stylesheet", a type attribute
>> specifies "text/css"?
>
> Oh yes, ITS should have a registered mimetype.
> NR, Julian

Regardless of the linking issue. It would be good to register a MIME type of ITS rules.

It seems we could qualify for a 'standard' value as ITS is a published recommendation.
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt?number=4288

Should it be something like "application/its+xml", or "text/its", or something else?
Any opinion, pointers?

-ys