Re: Context Data Category

Hi Yves, all,

Yves Savourel さんは書きました:
> Hi Ingo, Felix,
>

>>> after some discussion with others I was wondering whether you actually
>>> need something similar to "locNote", not for human readers, but for
>>> machine processing. That is something we had thought about for ITS 1.0
>>> already, btw. The definition would be the same as for "locNote", except
>>> that we have different names (e.g. "locInfo" instead of "locNote") and no
>>> "locInfoType" attribute. What do you think?
>>>
>> Yes, that sounds useful. I believe Yves was suggesting that it
>> would be an extension of ITS 1.0 and not a new version...
>>

> What I had in mind was to define a namespace for any new features we would think could be useful to ITS. This first step would allow
> tools to implement those features and try them out without waiting for a new version of ITS. Then, once we think we have gathered
> what we think is a good complement and things look stable, we could see if they could make it as part of the next version of ITS.
> This would allow tools to have a smooth transition (just a namespace change).
>
> I could see other features that we didn't implement in 1.0 because of time constraint, like dealing with target location, pointing
> to IDs that are not xml:id, etc.

Sounds all good to me. Yves and all: maybe you could edit directly in
the wiki would you have in mind for new features, at (or linked from)
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures

I would propose that we publish a working group note at some point to
document the new features we are having in mind. That document could
also mention the new namespace. What do you think? Any volunteers for
editing?

Felix