Re: decorator tests

Hi Camille, all,

sorry that I took so long to get back to you.

Camille Bégnis さんは書きました:
> Hello,
>
> I have finally been tested the decorator batch archive, and it looks to
> work fine with the provided example.
>
> I have a question though: as a result the initial file is added the
> itstve and itstva attributes which makes that result to not respect the
> initial schema. I guess this is fine if we just want to extract the
> strings afterwards, but why not adding those in a specific namespace?
>
> I have then tested the decorator on a simple DocBook document with the
> rules available at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-i18n-bp/#relating-docbook-plus-its
>
> by running:
>
> ./run-saxon.sh DocBookSample.xml ex-relating-docbook-plus-its-1.xml

you need to run
./run-saxon-external-rules.bat DocBookSample.xml
ex-relating-docbook-plus-its-1.xml
I tried that, and it seems to work fine, including the non-translatable
<command> tag.

> It works fine but the <command> tag is set as translatable while it
> isn't. As a matter of fact the resulting rules.xml is empty. What did I
> miss?
>
> I attach the files to this email.
>
> Then a final question: what is the next step after one has the decorated
> file?

It depends on your application. I know that some are working on a
generation of XLIFF from a file decorated with ITS information, but I do
not know how much that work has proceeded.

> Camille.
>
> P.S.1: The link at the bottom of
> http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator links
> to xsltproc instead of saxon

Syd has added that link I think. Syd, do you know the correct path?

> P.S.2: the root element of example/external.xml should not be <rules> ?

There is no need for that, the rules can also be somewhere inside the
document.

Hope that helps,

Felix