Re: Streaming ITS processor

Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:

> Reading through the ITS spec, it seems like ITS only uses a subset of xpath,
> limited to the child and attribute axes (same as xslt patterns).

Why you think that ITS uses only XPath subset? You can use full XPath in
selectors.

> I am pondering how hard it would be to develop a streaming ITS processor with
> this in mind, i.e. one that would stream instance-documents and only use an
> in-memory model of the ITS rules itself.

AFAIK up-to-date there is no general agreement on streamable XPath
subset which would be useful enough.

And given sizes of documents to localize and memories of current
computers I don't see strong demand for streamed ITS processing. Do you
have use case for this?