Re: ITS to XLIFF conversion and roundtripping

Hi Yves, all,

Yves Savourel さんは書きました:
> Hi Christian, all,
>

>> I wonder if it would make sense to address these two facets loosely
>> coupled. With regard to the page/information you have put together,
>> this could boil down to tackling the decorator (which is related to 2.
>> above) as one activity, and tackling the bridge from the decorated XML to
>> XLIFF (which is related to 1. above) as a separate activity. This
>> separation of concerns could help with a division of labour. It would
>> for example enable an XLIFF expert to refine the sample transformation
>> you have crafted.
>>

> That sounds like a good idea.

Agree.

> There are two parts:
> A) the decorator: it takes XML+ITS and generate a decorated temporary file.
>
> B) the XLIFF converter that takes the temporary file and generate XLIFF(+Skeleton in some form) and provides also the converter back
> to the original format.
>
> It may be that we'll have other example of applications that use the temporary decorated XML for other purposes, or that we can
> generate the decorated XML another way.
>
> Will you have time to move the XLIFF part to a new area Felix?

I moved the XLIFF part out of
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator
and added for whose who want to play with the Translate Decorator a
download section, see
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator#Download
including batch files (for usage with and without external rules). Maybe
you can put the XLIFF part into a new place, with appropriate naming of
the page etc.? I will send the Wiki source to you privately.

>  If not let me know and I can try to do that.
>
> At some point it may make sense to have all this code (and the one for the Java processor) under some version control system that is
> accessible to everyone.

Agree. We can do that whenever you like.

Felix