Re: BCP Guidelines for XLIFF, WAS: ITS rules for OpenDocument

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:23:45 -0700
Merle Tenney <merle@merletenney.com> wrote:

> Just a thought....  When I see helpful XLIFF implementation guidance
> like Rodolfo's comments in this email, I wonder if there shouldn't be a
> Best Current Practices (BCP) document to go along with the XLIFF
> standard.  It occurs to me that there should be someplace where best
> practices are documented for the benefit of the people who will be
> implementing XLIFF in one environment or another.

Hi Merle,

The XLIFF Technical Committee at OASIS published guidelines for
converting the following formats to XLIFF:

 * HTML
 * Java Properties Bundles
 * PO (Portable Objects)

You can find them at http://www.xliff.org

Guidelines for converting ICU Resource Bundles to XLIFF are almost
ready to be published.

It would be interesting to have guidelines for converting XML documents
decorated with ITS markup to XLIFF format. This is something that this
group could prepare.

Best regards,
Rodolfo
--