W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org > December 2008

[I18N ITS IG minutes] 2008-12-23

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:48:37 +0900
Message-ID: <49511665.4000203@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org" <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes and below as text.

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/

i18n ITS IG

23 Dec 2008

[2]Agenda

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0012.html

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-irc

Attendees

Present
Christian, Yves, Felix, Jirka

Regrets
Camille

Chair
Yves

Scribe
fsasaki

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]ITS-oriented reviews of XML specifications
2. [6]ITS rules repository
3. [7]ITS Processor API
4. [8]ITS XSLT processor
5. [9]ITS General issues
6. [10]language code issue
7. [11]ITS Streaming processor
8. [12]AOB
* [13]Summary of Action Items
_________________________________________________________

ITS-oriented reviews of XML specifications

ACTION - Yves to look at UIML (Oasis) pending

ACTION - Rodolfo to look at XUL - pending

Yves: SML Feedback, topic is resolved

<YvesS>
[14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Nov/0
008.html

[14]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Nov/0008.html

Action Felix to look at WebCGM 2.1 - pending

Yves to look at POWDER

<YvesS>
[15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0
003.html

[15]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0003.html

Yves: POWDER works on integrating my ITS rules file in the spec

<YvesS> [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

[16] http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to review widget spec [recorded in
[17]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

[17] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action01

<trackbot> Created ACTION-88 - Review widget spec [on Felix Sasaki -
due 2008-12-30].

Jirka: widget spec uses already its:dir

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to look at OWL [recorded in
[18]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

[18] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action02

<trackbot> Created ACTION-89 - Look at OWL [on Felix Sasaki - due
2008-12-30].

Christian: did we had a look at TBX in its ISO version?
... not sure what the ISO draft says about ITS data categories

Yves: haven't looked at it for a long time

Christian describes TBX

Christian: TBX has transition from LISA to ISO, not sure about the
changes happening and if ITS is being covered

Yves: where to find the current draft?

<scribe> ACTION: Yves to call Kara Warburton asking for the latest
ISO draft [recorded in
[19]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

[19] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action03

<trackbot> Created ACTION-90 - Call Kara Warburton asking for the
latest ISO draft [on Yves Savourel - due 2008-12-30].

ITS rules repository

action Jirka to edit the rules for OOXML

<YvesS> [20]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/OOXML10

[20] http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/OOXML10

Yves: I'll try to this with a test file

Yves to continue working on the rules for ODF

[21]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ODF10

[21] http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ODF10

Yves: not finished yet

<YvesS> [22]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ODF10

[22] http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ODF10

<YvesS> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/POWDER

[23] http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/POWDER

ITS Processor API

<YvesS>
[24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0
007.html

[24]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0007.html

Yves: made some changes, like how to access attribute
... currently this implements translate and directionality
... decoration is still not changed from user data to attribute

Christian: processor implements translate and directionality,
following
[25]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Processor_Interface
?

[25] http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Processor_Interface

Yves: yes
... main issue if you implement a full decoration or not. Currently
I do like this: everything which is inherited is not being decorated
... so you have to walk the tree

ITS XSLT processor

AI Felix to look into XPath expressivity in SAX engine of saxon -
can be dropped

AI Felix to follow up with Syd comments, and with Bryan and
XML+ITS->XLIFF - pending

Christian: maybe ping Bryan again?

Felix: will do

Christian: include proposal for call with Bryan

AI Rodolfo to try look at the xslt decorator - pending

[26]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_General_Decorator

[26] http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_General_Decorator

[27]http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_General_Decorator#C
reate_your_own_data_categories

[27]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_General_Decorator#Create_your_own_data_categories

Felix: general decorator, for testing etc.

Christian: question: danger in having separate development tracks
... hard to see status of implementations, interop
... will translate decorator be decrepacated?

Felix: agree, how to implement deprecation?

Christian: adding cross references to wiki pages for general and
translate decorator

Yves: agree, make ITS processing wiki page more clear

ITS General issues

AI Felix to check what URI to use for ITS extensions

<scribe> done

<YvesS>
[28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0
013.html

[28]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0013.html

[29]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions

[29] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions

Yves: is above NS OK?

Christian: purpose is to put things which may be extensions of
future ITS?

Yves: yes

agreement to publish new namespace

now public: [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions

[30] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions

AI Ingo to draft a proposal for the context - pending

language code issue

Yves: hard to define rule file which has not hard coded language
code
... need a kind of variable
... e.g. "translate nothing except the text element with the element
that has the attribute xml:lang='en'"

Jirka: you can have a separate XML document, to have the language
codes as parameters for XPath

Yves: interesting idea, I'll try

ITS Streaming processor

Yves: seems no real way for complex XPath expressions streaming

<scribe> ACTION: Yves to start cleaning up the wiki [recorded in
[31]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

[31] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action04

<trackbot> Created ACTION-92 - Start cleaning up the wiki [on Yves
Savourel - due 2008-12-30].

AI Felix to create a wiki page with overview of work items - dropped

AOB

Yves: have a great holiday!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Felix to look at OWL [recorded in
[32]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to review widget spec [recorded in
[33]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to call Kara Warburton asking for the latest ISO
draft [recorded in
[34]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to start cleaning up the wiki [recorded in
[35]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

[32] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action02
[33] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action01
[34] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action03
[35] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html#action04

[End of minutes]
_________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version 1.133
([37]CVS log)
$Date: 2008/12/23 16:44:37 $

[36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
[37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 23 December 2008 16:49:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:00 GMT