IG Teleconference: Time/day, IRC, etc.

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:13:32 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>

Hi everyone,

Thanks for those of you who could make it to the teleconference. Felix has already posted the minutes.

-- With regard to the time and day of the teleconference.

Time: Our friends from the Asia/Pacifique region have been kind enough to accept having teleconference around midnight, so the time
will remain the same: 14:00 UTC.

Day: Thursday was not good for everyone, but Tuesday seems OK, providing it does not overlap another monthly teleconference for
XLIFF that occures every 3rd Tuesday. I would propose then to use the 4th Tuesday of each month. Which would make the next
teleconference: May-27th, Jun-24th, Ju-22nd, etc.
If this is a problem, please, say so. Otherwise we'll go with that.

-- With regard to the IRC access:

The #i18nits W3C IRC channel is open to everyone (not just the W3C member as we thought originaly). What is restricted is accessing
it through the IRC W3C Web-client.

So everyone can logon IRC during the teleconferences. It helps because we can copy/patse links, etc. we can see the minutes being
taken, etc. So I would encourage everyone to access it.

If you cannot use the 3WC Web-client, there are many free IRC clients available on all platforms. Here is a short list of some of
them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_IRC_clients

The channel is: #i18nits on irc.w3.org:6665

Let me know if you have any question, or if you want to try it before the next teleconference.

-- I'll post more info in the coming weeks on getting started the different activities (examples, implementations, etc.). Meanwhile,
don't hesitate to post questions/comments/etc.

Cheers,
-yves