Re: Comments in Indic Layout Requirements

Dear Norbert,

Thanks a lot for your valuable contribution on Indic layout document. We agree , that 3 languages mentioned in the section 1.1 are written in the Perso-Arabic script and we shall definitely address the layout issues pertaining to these languages. We are already in collaboration with National Standards bodies in these languages to address the specific issues in these languages.

However , let us first complete the layout requirements for the set of languages [Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu] as mentioned in the charter [http://www.w3.org/2012/07/indic-tf-charter/charter.html]

The publication of FPWD for Hindi is an important step towards detailed review , which will help us in developing the requirements for other Devanagari based languages.

We have already initiated work on other scripts such as Bengali , Telugu , and Punjabi.

As suggested we shall take up other items as we receive further feedback.

With best regards,
Somnath

--

Dr. Somnath Chandra