Re: Behaviour for letter-spacing in indic scripts

On 11/07/14 2:11 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> Good points, but my question at this point, rather than worrying about
> the technical difficulties involved, revolves around what indic
> typographers, printers, designers and users actually expect to see.

My suspicion is that you won't find a single, standard convention. There
are discrepancies in practices of repha and ikar reordering around
explicit virama, and I expect the same would be true regarding visual
breaking of clusters for the (thankfully rare) case of 'letter-spacing'.

J.