Re: Fwd: ABNF defintion of Indic syllable

Hello Somnath,

On 2014/06/24 13:47, Somnath Chandra wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Pl find the revised definition of Indic Syllable as per the appended mail , which has been circulated on June 17, 2014. The definition is generic in nature to suit most of Indian Languages [11 languages tested]. Pl send your feedback  towards finalization.
>
> With regards,
> Somnath

In European languages, as far as I know, a final consonant would be
considered part of the preceding syllable, not a syllable on its own.
As an example, "cat" would be considered as one syllable, not two
syllables ("ca" and "t").

Would one really put a word-final consonant on a new line in Indic
languages?

Just wondering.

Regards,   Martin.