Re: hlreq update - March 20

On 20/03/2018 13:18, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some updates!
>
> (If there's a better list to send this, please let me know.)

See the cc above.
(see https://w3c.github.io/hlreq/homepage/#communication)

> I added a bunch of things to the gap analysis document:
> https://w3c.github.io/hlreq/gap-analysis/

\o/

> I went over all the points and added the things that I could think of
> myself. I'll be happy to hear your comments so far.
>
> I made some modest changes on the project page:
> https://github.com/w3c/hlreq/projects/1
>
> I haven't yet went over the ideas that Tomer suggested at
> https://github.com/w3c/type-samples/issues/created_by/tomerm . That's
> the next thing I plan to do.
>
> I asked Mati to add the gaps about Hebrew-letter numbering of list items
> and pages. Mati is far more knowledgeable about this than I am.

In the hope that Mati is happy to do this, i added a work item to the
project page. I can't assign it to him, however, until i figure out his
gitub id and add him to the collaborators list.  Mati, if you want to
take this assignment, please let me know your id.

> We have a couple of questions for Richard:
>
> 1. Should the gap analysis include issues with typing the text, or only
> with displaying it?

Good question.  We've been fairly focused on things that the W3C can
affect - which tends to mean stuff related to display.  I can't help
feeling, however, that it would be good to capture other things that
prevent people using the Web.

We don't have a section for keyboards and other input issues, but we
could perhaps add to section 5.2 "What else?" for now. How does that sound?

> 2. What are the CSS classes for marking the different sections of the
> gap analysis document?

See the HOWTO.md document in the /gap-analysis directory. It points you
to a page that has a whole section on "Adding a priority". Does that
answer your question?

ri