For review: IDNs, do they work

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:34:35 -0000
To: "'GEO'" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

Michael Monahan has been researching how major browsers support IDN these days, and I wrote up his results at

Please have a read of this before our telecons next week and raise any issues you have.

There are a couple of questions in red ink, one of which I think is for you, Russ.

Does anyone have access to a Mac to test Safari on the links in the table?

Once I have your feedback, I will send this to the www-international list and probably some browser folks for wider review.

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.