Proposed new article (slightly urgent)

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:53:38 -0000
To: "GEO" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>

I have now obtained permission from Xerox and Multilingual Computing to publish on our site an article which I have had much good feedback about.  The article is:

Text Fragmentation and Reuse in User Interfaces
http://www.multilingual.com/ishida43.htm

If we publish this article, this will provide a very useful link for the Quick Tips page I am currently producing, so I'd like to move on this very soon.

***Please take a look at the article and let me know if you have any objections to incorporating it into our site.***  Note that I'm not planning to change the article a great deal, though maybe I can tweak the odd thing.

I will add an acknowledgements section at the end, saying:

"This article was originally developed by Richard Ishida while working for Xerox Global Services and published in #43 Volume 12 Issue 7 of MultiLingual Computing & Technology published by MultiLingual Computing, Inc. It is republished here by kind permission."

***If I hear nothing drastic by Tuesday next, I will start the process of converting to our standard template.***

Cheers,

Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/