http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

Yes, I need to fix that.

> - What about using colons rather than periods after the keywords
>    for each point? E.g. change:
>    o Encoding. Use Unicode wherever possible for content,
>      databases, etc. Always declare the encoding of content.
>    to:
>    o Encoding: Use Unicode wherever possible for content,
>      databases, etc. Always declare the encoding of content.
>    Seems more natural to me.

Hm, yes.  I originally did have colons, but changed to be more like the WAI
cards. http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/tips.gif  I also found that it gave
the impression of more space, which made the text look better.  So I think I
prefer to keep as is.

> - The second point (Escapes) uses terms such as "numeric
> character reference",
>    which not very many people understand. I think I have earlier
>    made the suggestion to use examples. There is still enough
>    space on the second line to include them. So what about:
>    o Escapes. Only use escapes (numeric character references and
>      entities, e.g. α, α) in specific circumstances.

This is interesting.  We added (numeric character references and entities)
to the text as a result of discussion during last week's telecon.  People
felt that 'escapes' was not clear enough, but that people would understand
better with the additional text. I like the idea of examples, though.  I'm
even wondering whether we could just say:

Escapes. Only use escapes (eg. á, á or á) in specific
circumstances.

What do people think?

Martin, I'm anxious not to use up all the remaining space on the line if
possible, since I expect we'll end up translating these cards, and
translations will be longer than the English.  It's pretty tight already, so
whatever space we can save will be good.

> - Language: The word 'declare' is repeated. What about just:
>    o Language: Declare the text-processing language of documents
>      and indicate any internal language changes.
>    We may even be able to add something like "e.g. using xml:lang",
>    although that may get too long. (In general, I think that
>    a few more examples would help people making the right connections
>    and getting more of an impression of how this is related to their
>    day-to-day work.)

Yes, removing 'declaration' may be ok.  What do others think?  This
certainly helps wrt text expansion in translation.

I intentionally didn't add a reference to xml:lang, since I'm trying to be
more general.  It could also be declared in lang attributes or even in http
headers.  The longer HTML version will point to information about all that
kind of detail.

> - In the last point, there is too much space before the URI
> at the end.

Thanks.

RI