RE: Ruby Tutorial

Thanks for these comments, Russ. See below.

I reprogrammed my scripts to add missing heading information.  This should make things clear enough, I think.

(I also added some changes related to improving accessibility.)

> Slide 5 -- what is Japanese manga

comics - clarified

> Slide 5 last sentence syntax
>
>     On the rare occasions that furigana is used to express semantic
>     information it typically appears below horizontal text, and to
>     the left of vertical text.
>
>   Suggest change
>
>     On the rare occasions that furigana is used to express semantic
>     information >>>,<<< it typically appears below horizontal text
>     >>><<< and to the left of vertical text.

Changed to:
"Furigana typically appears below horizontal text, and to the left of vertical text on the rare occasions that it is used to express semantic information."

> Slide 6 -- how about a non-japanese example

maybe when I have more time

> Slide 11 -- last sentence -- keep style the same
>
>     The rule is: simple ruby, no <rbc> or <rtc> elements; if you have
>     <rbc> or <rtc> elements, you have complex ruby.
>
>   Suggest change
>
>     The rule is: simple ruby has no <rbc> or <rtc> elements; complex
>     ruby has <rbc> or <rtc> elements.

Done.

> Slide 12 -- highlight rbspan
>
>     This is achieved by applying a method familiar to those who have
>     created tables in HTML. The second and third <rt> elements become
>     one, with the addition of an rbspan attribute whose value is, in
>                                  ------
>     this case, 2.

Applied styling throughout the doc. (<span class="kw"...)

> Slide 15 -- reverse paragraphs,  doesn't seem to flow right

Good catch.  Fixed.

> Slide 16 -- example in both slide and text --  the second
> parentheses should be a closing ")" parentheses not an open "(" one

Fixed.

> Slides 18-29 -- It would be good to show at least one example
> on how to implement this (i.e. how to apply the css style to
> the content.)

Yes, I'd thought about that myself.  It would be particularly interesting if we addressed the the ruby box model and a set of related values for the display property that can be used to associate arbitrary markup with ruby constructs defined in the Ruby Annotation specification, but we don't, so for the time being I added an example to an early slide.  Extrapolating that for the other properties we mention here is trivial.

Thanks again!
RI