FW: Forums and mailing list

For discussion at today's telecon.

RI

-----Original Message-----
From: public-i18n-geo-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-geo-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Russ Rolfe
Sent: 04 May 2005 19:08
To: GEO

Part of our GEO name includes Outreach.  During our F2F in Boston, I was asked to do some research on where we might be able to do more out reach.   Here are some Forums and Mailing lists we may want to approach or join to help better evangelize our message.  Maybe we should discuss this at our next teleconference.

Also, if any of you have any other suggestions, please send them to me and I will added them to the original list.

Regards, Russ (rrolfe)
One of the World-Ready Guides (wrg)
Are you World-Ready?  http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Begin List -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Forums
------

Globalization Support forum
Forum discussing technical issues related with multilingual use of the Oracle products. You'll find it under the "Globalization Support" name. Quite active even if not all posts are relevant. Free registration required.
http://www.oracle.com/forums/forum.jsp?id=452569

Sun - Java Internationalization Forum
Forum on the Java Developer Connection for Java Internationalization issues. It is fairly active and is visited by the Sun internationalization team frequently.
http://forum.java.sun.com/forum.jsp?forum=16

Bhasha India
This is a portal devoted to Indian language computing, standards, discussion forums, whitepapers, knowledgebase articles, useful downloads, solution directory, events, success stories, case studies, etc.
http://bhashaindia.com/

ColdFusion Forum - International Character Set
Forum dedicated to internationalisation issues and solutions with ColdFusion.
http://forums.allaire.com/coldfusion/categories.cfm?catid=144

jGuru - i18n forum
Forum on Java internationalization issues. Mildly active.
http://www.jguru.com/forums/home.jsp?topic=I18N

Tek-tips - Code internationalization forum
As a forum reader pointed out: "where is everyone?". This forum is unfortunately not very active.
http://www.tek-tips.com/gthreadminder.cfm/lev2/4/lev3/33/pid/736

Mesilla I18n newsgroup and mailing list
The Mozilla community has a newsgroup and mailing list dedicated for discussions about internationalization issues. Look for i18n in the page. Mildly active.
http://www.mozilla.org/community.html

mailing lists
Ideas exchange regarding programming for international markets. Topics discussed include international character sets, locale management, tools for internationalization, etc. Moderate traffic.
http://www.acoin.com/i18n/

Unicode Consortium - Distribution Lists
The Unicode Consortium supports several e-mail distribution lists. The one open to the public regroups linguists, developers and other Unicode enthusiasts and is quite active.
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/consortium/distlist.html

Python internationalization and localization mailing list
List hosting discussions on internationalization using Python. An archive is available. Light traffic.

I18NdotNET - .NET Internationalization
Information sharing mailing list for people interested in .NET internationalization and localization issues. Very light traffic.

A12N-collaboration
A12N-Collaboration is intended to: facilitate work on codepages for African languages; promote collaboration on technical aspects of use of extended Latin character sets & non-Western scripts on computers & internet; contribute to laying the groundwork for a broader-topic list(s) on African languages & ICT.

ASP International
Moderated mailing list to exchange information on building Multilingual ASP sites.
http://www.asplists.com/asplists/aspinternational.asp

CATMT
The CATMT list hosts discussions regarding Computer Aided Translation and Machine Translation software.

Delphi internationalization newsgroup
Newsgroup to share ideas and solutions on i18n using Delphi.

Hebrew Computing Mailing List
List for discussions on the problems and practical solutions to computing in Hebrew and Yiddish. Moderate Traffic.
http://www.geocities.com/athens/stage/4942/1HComputing.html

L10n project management
Group discussing project management techniques, applied to localization (l10n) and internationalization (i18n) of software products.

Software i18n and Chinese support
For translators and programmers of OpenSource software projects who are working to improve support for the Chinese language.