Re: Working survey test: please comment

Hello Richard,

First, I had difficulties parsing your subject.

At 02:56 05/07/08, Richard Ishida wrote:

 >Chaps,
 >
 >I made the survey work at the bottom of
 >http://www.w3.org/International/questions/test.html

I tried it. I input some nonsense as a comment, and then pressed
return to add another line, but that nonsense comment got sent
out. This was unexpected.

Also, the responding form told me that I had rated the thing as 5,
although I had never selected any of the buttons, and none of them
were labeled as '5'. For serious comments, the space is much too
small. But I don't see that we should make it bigger, otherwise
it looks too important.

Having it at the end of a long page may mean that it's overlooked
by a lot of people. For long pages, maybe we could put it at the
start and at the end. Or maybe it could be floating?

 >Please let me have your thoughts. (Yes you can test it if you want, though
 >please put comments in an email to GEO.) I was a bit naughty and changed
 >some things after our discussion on the telecon.  Do you think it's ok like
 >that?  I think it is really useful to know a minimum about the person
 >scoring the page.

Of course it's really useful. But what about having that after
the comment, and somehow indicating that it's not required?
Some people may not want to comment if they think that they
have to submit personal info.

Regards,    Martin.