[ESW Wiki] Update of "geoUnicodeConsiderationsWhenUpgrading" by 81.135.210.174

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:37:35 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by 81.135.210.174:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoUnicodeConsiderationsWhenUpgrading

     * BSD
     * Mac OS X

- Standard installation of an operating system includes suitable fonts for the language selected by the user. Fonts not included in a standard installation can usually be added via menu options; they can also be downloaded. Some languages currently require a font download; these languages include Pashto, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali. [[RI I'm not clear about this. On what platform - all? - think so but I'll check ]]
+ Standard installation of an operating system includes suitable fonts for the language selected by the user. Fonts not included in a standard installation can usually be added via menu options; they can also be downloaded. Some languages currently require a font download for Windows 98 and below; these languages include Pashto, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali.

  Commonly available Unicode fonts (commercial and open source) are [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truetype TrueType] and the more recent [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opentype OpenType].