W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-geo@w3.org > February 2005

FW: AGENDA GEO telecon 2005-02-23 [UPDATE]: F2F Agenda items: XSL

From: Deborah Cawkwell <deborah.cawkwell@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:03:16 -0000
Message-ID: <418B7E44473AC34488C9E730D09FF3CF0517906E@bbcxue204.national.core.bbc.co.uk>
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>
- XSL & I18N seems to have been on agenda for some time - before mine - in original charter.
- I use XSL (not 2.0) for processing about 38 different languages & don't seem to have issues related to language. I must be missing something.
- Agenda item for F2F: Specification of XSL/I18N issues at F2F

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: public-i18n-geo-request@w3.org on behalf of Deborah Cawkwell 
	Sent: Wed 2/23/2005 16:22 
	To: Richard Ishida; GEO 
	Cc: 
	Subject: RE: AGENDA GEO telecon 2005-02-23 [UPDATE]
	
	

	- Confirmed agenda for TP GEO meeting.
	- (Whether there will be) presentation of language tags & their future use (Addison?), which interests my organisation & would be useful/important to take back to my organisation from the TP; a tangible presentation would be great.
	
	        -----Original Message-----
	        From: public-i18n-geo-request@w3.org on behalf of Richard Ishida
	        Sent: Mon 2/21/2005 20:48
	        To: GEO
	        Cc:
	        Subject: FW: AGENDA GEO telecon 2005-02-23 [UPDATE]
	       
	       
	
	
	        PLEASE SEND REGRETS IF UNABLE TO ATTEND
	        *** PLEASE READ LINKED ITEMS IN ADVANCE
	        *** PLEASE SEND ADDITIONAL TOPICS YOU'D LIKE TO COVER TO ishida @ w3.org
	       
	       
	        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
	        Time  : 18:00 UTC/GMT, 10am Seattle, 2pm Boston, 18:00 London, 19:00 Paris,
	                5am Melbourne
	        Bridge: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
	                  with conference code 4186 (spells "I18N") Duration : 60-90 minutes
	        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
	        Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

	        Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html

	        Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

	        IRC channel          : #i18n on irc.w3.org:6665
	        IRC via the Web      : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc (invent a nickname, use #i18n channel)
	        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
	       
	       
	       
	        Agenda & actions review
	       
	        Info Share
	       
	        -       bring your own contributions !
	       
	        -       new techniques index http://localhost/International/technique-index

	       
	       
	       
	       
	        Review of GEO Work Items:
	       
	        -       http://www.w3.org/International/2003/plan.html

	       
	       
	       
	        Discussion
	       
	        -       Volunteers for spec reviews? http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews.html (esp. ATAG)
	       
	        -       site search facility http://www.w3.org/International/temp

	       
	        -       update on discussions about site improvements with Shawn Henry, WAI
	       
	        -       proposal from RI to merge FAQ and Article lists into one
	       
	        -       progress on investigations into use of wiki to support comments on documents - see
	                an example at http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoFaq1

	       
	        -       See http://www.w3.org/International/2003/plan.html#meeting

	                * New article: Language tags in HTML and XML  - propose to publish!!
	                * Language techniques: Proposal to publish another interim draft!! ; proposal to point to resource links, rather than include them; discussions on any points raised;
	                * John's FAQ)
	       
	       
	       
	        ACTIONS
	       
	        RI: to chase GEO WG participants - particularly invited experts.
	       
	        RI: Get Tex to re-join group.
	       
	        DC: Wiki: Check WIKI version viewing functionality.
	       
	        DC: Wiki: to check Wikipedia experience (from presentation at BBC WS).
	       
	        DC: circulate Unicode FAQ as soon as possible. - After techniques work.
	       
	        RI: Propose solution to Andrea's comment about capitalisation of i18n/l10n
	       
	        See also GEO work items: http://www.w3.org/International/2003/plan.html

	       
	       
	       
	        More long term actions:
	       
	        SM: Getting started page ((Link:
	        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2005Jan/0001.html):
	        develop management & design views & circulate for review & additional material/ideas
	       
	        RI ACTION to liaise with Ivan Herman about getting translations of the Getting Started material (when completed in English).
	       
	       
	        ============
	        Richard Ishida
	        W3C
	       
	        contact info:
	        http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

	       
	        W3C Internationalization:
	        http://www.w3.org/International/

	       
	        r12a publication blog:
	        http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/

	       
	       
	       
	       
	
	
	http://www.bbc.co.uk/

	
	This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
	personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
	stated.
	If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
	Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
	reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the
	BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
	Further communication will signify your consent to this.
	


http://www.bbc.co.uk/


This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. 
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. 
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
Received on Wednesday, 23 February 2005 18:05:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:39 GMT