W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-geo@w3.org > February 2005

FW: AGENDA GEO telecon 2005-02-23 [UPDATE]

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:48:12 -0000
To: "GEO" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20050221204812.593B54F22D@homer.w3.org>

PLEASE SEND REGRETS IF UNABLE TO ATTEND
*** PLEASE READ LINKED ITEMS IN ADVANCE
*** PLEASE SEND ADDITIONAL TOPICS YOU'D LIKE TO COVER TO ishida @ w3.org


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time  : 18:00 UTC/GMT, 10am Seattle, 2pm Boston, 18:00 London, 19:00 Paris, 
        5am Melbourne
Bridge: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) 
	  with conference code 4186 (spells "I18N") Duration : 60-90 minutes
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
IRC channel          : #i18n on irc.w3.org:6665
IRC via the Web      : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc (invent a nickname, use #i18n channel)
------------------------------------------------------------------------



Agenda & actions review

Info Share

-	bring your own contributions !

-	new techniques index http://localhost/International/technique-index




Review of GEO Work Items: 

-	http://www.w3.org/International/2003/plan.html



Discussion 

-	Volunteers for spec reviews? http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews.html (esp. ATAG)

-	site search facility http://www.w3.org/International/temp

-	update on discussions about site improvements with Shawn Henry, WAI

-	proposal from RI to merge FAQ and Article lists into one

-	progress on investigations into use of wiki to support comments on documents - see 
	an example at http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoFaq1

-	See http://www.w3.org/International/2003/plan.html#meeting 
	* New article: Language tags in HTML and XML  - propose to publish!!
	* Language techniques: Proposal to publish another interim draft!! ; proposal to point to resource links, rather than include them; discussions on any points raised; 
	* John's FAQ)



ACTIONS

RI: to chase GEO WG participants - particularly invited experts. 

RI: Get Tex to re-join group.

DC: Wiki: Check WIKI version viewing functionality.

DC: Wiki: to check Wikipedia experience (from presentation at BBC WS). 

DC: circulate Unicode FAQ as soon as possible. - After techniques work. 

RI: Propose solution to Andrea's comment about capitalisation of i18n/l10n

See also GEO work items: http://www.w3.org/International/2003/plan.html



More long term actions: 

SM: Getting started page ((Link:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2005Jan/0001.html):
develop management & design views & circulate for review & additional material/ideas

RI ACTION to liaise with Ivan Herman about getting translations of the Getting Started material (when completed in English).


============
Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info:
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/ 

W3C Internationalization:
http://www.w3.org/International/ 

r12a publication blog:
http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
Received on Monday, 21 February 2005 20:48:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:39 GMT