Re: Subscribing you to www-i18n-comments@w3.org

The comments list is the receptacle for comments from all task forces isn't it?
For charmod, group members did not subscribe to the comments list but the
comments were gathered into a doc more suitable for orderly discussion. I think
the process also allowed for some filtering of the comments, to save people
time or reduce noise.

Also the comments list isn't where the discussion happens is it?

If we are all subscribed, then we will also all be getting comments on web
services and core specs.
Does that make sense?

I am not objecting by the way, I am just trying to understand if geo is using a
different process than has been done in the past by i18n specs...

Richard Ishida wrote:

> All,
>
> We are receiving comments on our techniques docs at the above email address, but I note that none of you are subscribed to that list.  For example, there was just a long counter proposal to the Language techniques doc to which I responded, which you should probably be aware of.
>
> I'm going to propose that I subscribe you all to this list unless I hear an objection, say by next Wednesday.
>
> I'm thinking that for the future we should consider just discussing comments on www-international, rather than usinga  separate list. Martin, do you have any thoughts on that?
>
> RI

> Richard Ishida
> W3C
>
> contact info: