Re: Translation of i18n resources [hreflang]

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 05:35:09 +0900 (JST)
To: public-i18n-geo@w3.org
Cc: karl@w3.org

"Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> Thoughts and suggestions welcome from all those copied.

Here's my practical suggestion: whatever criteria we use, let's not
put the burden on sorry volunteer translators to figure out when to
use hreflang.  When you think using the hreflang attribute is
appropriate, please include it in the original document so that
translators don't have to make a judgement.  So long as the value
is correct, there's nothing wrong with using hreflang even if
the language of a linked resource is the same.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium