RE: Todays teleconf

Yes. We mention these things in the FAQ.

>  - I've desabled the default serving (configured to
> serve as ISO-8859-1).
>  I've found that it overrides my charset declared in the
> XHTML file.
>  Otherwise, you see (برامج) so you have to set the
> view-encoding of
>  your browser to utf-8

You could consider changing the default to utf-8, maybe?

>  - I don't neither use language negociation. I think
> that the viewer of
>  the Office home page must see it in Arabic, the Office
> local language. I
>  do provide french and english text to link to the
> french version of the
>  home page.
>  - Your opinions about this are welcome.

I think your concern is to demonstrate Arabic on the Web? If so, I think that's your decision, given that you clearly link to the alternatives.  One simply has to weigh the effect of the inconvenience of that to French users.

Note, btw, that the W3C Home page actually links to a page in English, from which there are no links to either Arabic or French pages.  I think you should fix that.

See also my notes in an earlier mail about linking between language versions.

>  Deborah wants to open a discussion about the scrollbar
> position in
>  browsers, right/left according to rtl/ltr scripts.

I'd be very interested if you could represent the views of Moroccan Web users on this topic.

RI