Guidelines front matter (was: Re: AGENDA: I18N GEO TF telcon, 2003-09-17)

At 17:55 03/09/23 +0100, Richard Ishida wrote:

>AGENDA
>I18N GEO TF teleconference

>GUIDELINES REVIEW
>
>****    Richard's edits to the Authoring Guidelines arising from the FTF
>         http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/
>         especially the intro

I had a look at the front matter. Here my comments:

Abstract:
Remove sentence "The term author is used in the sense described by the HTML
4.01 spec, ie as a person or program that writes or generates HTML documents."
This is much too specific. Definitions don't go into abstracts.

modification.": I would reword this slightly, to better reflect the status,
i.e. some sections are already fleshed out, but need some more work, other
sections are still missing.
Also, we should have some plugs to invite comments and participation.

Table of contents:
It would be good to have some way to indicate sections where we don't
have anything yet, in order not to disappoint people.

Intro:
There should be a first section giving some basic background, not on
how to use, but on what the document is about in general.

It would be good to have some more details, e.g. explanations about
each icon,..., but I think that can wait.

Regards,    Martin.