Re: New FAQ

Hi, Sorry I missed the meeting.

Re the Faq:

1) I don't think we should say the "most important consequence" is the impact
on escape sequences.
It is a consequence, but the most important value is that all character
behavior is defined (in logical terms).
Perhaps give some other examples- eg bidi...

2) It might be good to mention that the xml character set is restricted and not
all of Unicode, since the annotations for html are given.

tex

Richard Ishida wrote:

> No sign of Andrew this evening - I hope he's ok.
>
> I knocked up a new FAQ in an hour or so this evening from some stuff
> Martin has in Hints & Tips section.  If its not too controversial, maybe
> we can handle comments via email and post it on Friday.
>
> See http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-doc-charset.html
>
> Comments please.
>
> RI

> Richard Ishida
> W3C
>
> contact info: http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/
> http://www.w3.org/International/geo/
>
> See the W3C Internationalization FAQ page
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions.html

Making e-Business Work Around the World