RE: New FAQ: Global Gateway

>Tex Texin wrote:
>
>> Writing the name of the language in the language is visually very
>> identifiable and stands out to readers of the language, so
>works well.
>>

>yes it works very well

It does as long as there are not too many entries in the list. But for
instance, if you check on www.hp.com , we have more than 70 Locales listed
and you always need to scroll up or down in the list to find your entry.
Unfortunately, it is all in English (that is where the FAQ will come handy!)

It was also mentioned that Locale labels should be written in its own
script, but I have seen examples where the Locale label are written in the
script in use on the web site pointed at. If the Russian web site is all in
English, then the
Sounds like a practical and user-friendly way of displaying Locales.

/François