RE: New FAQ: Global Gateway

This is a good point. Maybe a question for a separate FAQ?

We have gone through this on http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation.
We basically use Unicode order (by codepoint, with some tweaks
to adapt it to the Unicode sorting algorithm). The result is
ordering by script, with Latin first and all the other
scripts later. For our case, that seems to be good enough
(at one point, we had the texts in the actual language, but
sorted by code, which was rather weird).

The main concern I have with the current order is that
people from Asia may look for their language in Latin,
don't find it, and may give up too early, because on
a small screen, they may not even see that there are
non-Latin language labels.

For many cases, ordering may be influenced by the number
of customers in that language, which may be differen for
each company. Often, one also sees Latin labels alternating
with non-latin labels, which solves the above problem and
is graphically nice.

Regards,    Martin.